BECE 2017 RME Past Question Paper One
The Gye Nyame symbol of the Akan signifies that God is
- A: all-loving.
- B: all-merciful.
- C: all-powerful.
- D: all-seeing.
God’s covenant with the patriarchs is associated with
- A: Abraham.
- B: Joshua.
- C: Joseph.
- D: Moses.
According the Christian teaching, God created man and woman on the
- A: first day.
- B: second day.
- C: fifth day.
- D: sixth day.
The belief that God sees the secret deeds of all and punishes those who do evil implies that He is
- A: omnipotent.
- B: omnipresent.
- C: omniscient.
- D: sovereign.
Christians who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness are blessed because
- A: God will be merciful to them
- B: God’s kingdom belongs to them.
- C: they shall be comforted.
- D: they shall see God.
Egya Ahor is remembered for sacrificing his life to
- A: ensure victory at war.
- B: free his people from slavery.
- C: save children from being kidnapped.
- D: ward off an epidemic.
Jacob’s children went to Egypt because
- A: Joseph was a governor in Egypt.
- B: people were losing their lives.
- C: there was a great famine.
- D: there was a good pasture there for cattle.
A crab cannot give birth to a bird. This expression teaches that
- A: a bird is more powerful than a crab.
- B: one could resemble a bird or a crab.
- C: one shows the character of his or her parents.
- D: the truth always stands everywhere.
Which of the following people in Ghana celebrate the Odwira festival?
- A: Akwapim.
- B: Fante.
- C: Ewe.
- D: Gonja.
The festival celebrated by the people of Winneba is
- A: Aboakyir.
- B: Damba.
- C: Homowo.
- D: Ogun.
Puberty rites should be encouraged because it
- A: helps the youth to become rich.
- B: links the youth to adulthood.
- C: makes the youth look more attractive.
- D: promotes chastity among the youth.
Which of the following statements is not true about puberty rites? They
- A: teach girls to be obedient.
- B: prevent teenage pregnancy.
- C: teach girls how to live together.
- D: protect girls against evil forces.
The period of courtship in marriage is meant for
- A: convincing parents of both parties.
- B: presentation of gifts to friends.
- C: the couple to study each other.
- D: the payment of the knocking fee.
The exchange of rings in Christian marriage signifies
- A: blessing from God.
- B: faithfulness to God.
- C: faithfulness to one another.
- D: love for the family.
The first Muezzin in Islam was
- A: Abu Talib.
- B: Bilal.
- C: Salman.
- D: Zayd.
The first pillar in Islam is the belief in
- A: angels.
- B: oneness of God.
- C: prophets.
- D: revealed books.
Praying regularly is important because it is a
- A: moral responsibility.
- B: political responsibility.
- C: social responsibility.
- D: spiritual responsibility.
Looking simple and decent is a sign of
- A: comportment.
- B: faithfulness.
- C: tolerance.
- D: repentance.
Which of the following factors is not a reason why we greet?
- A: Disloyalty
- B: Friendship
- C: Humility
- D: Politeness
Which of the following actions does not constitute good manners?
- A: Chuckling at prefects
- B: Complying with dress codes
- C: Running of errands
- D: Stitching torn clothes
To live a chaste life, one must
- A: avoid sexual intimacy.
- B: participate in communal labour.
- C: perform his or her responsibilities.
- D: respect and obey school rules.
Submission to the will of Allah in Islam brings
- A: life and comfort.
- B: peace and purity.
- C: unity and love.
- D: wealth and joy.
Behaviour patterns of individuals approved by society are known as
- A: moral values.
- B: ritual values.
- C: sacraments.
- D: taboos.
By respecting other people’s religion, we are
- A: practising religious obedience.
- B: showing commitment to God.
- C: showing commitment to those religions.
- D: showing religious tolerance.
Good deeds are rewarded to
- A: encourage people.
- B: make people courteous.
- C: instil kindness in people.
- D: promote peaceful co-existence.
Repentance begins with
- A: acceptance of one’s guilt.
- B: regret for doing wrong.
- C: request for forgiveness.
- D: vowing to do good.
The first thing to do when you enter a house is to
- A: ask for a seat.
- B: ask for water.
- C: offer greetings.
- D: remove your sandals.
A citizen who indulges in social vices in the community is said to be
- A: a deviant.
- B: unfriendly.
- C: untruthful.
- D: a conformist.
One advantage the extended family has over the nuclear family is
- A: having little privacy for its members.
- B: opportunity to associate with more people.
- C: over-reliance on a few rich people.
- D: persistent quarrelling in the family.
The maintenance of law and order in the nuclear family is the responsibility of the
- A: aunts.
- B: parents.
- C: grandparents.
- D: children.
An attitude which must not be encouraged at the work place is
- A: diligence.
- B: loyalty.
- C: grumbling.
- D: tolerance.
To earn a living, one needs to be
- A: healthy.
- B: hardworking.
- C: prayerful.
- D: responsible.
Jesus Christ taught his disciples that, ‘Blessed are the peace makers, for they shall …’
- A: be comforted.
- B: be called sons of God.
- C: see God.
- D: inherit the kingdom of God.
The ummah is the Islamic
- A: community.
- B: congregation.
- C: diviner.
- D: scholar.
Which of the following activities best offers relaxation?
- A: Eating
- B: Painting
- C: Running
- D: Reading
Saving money helps the individual to
- A: become rich overnight.
- B: attend school regularly.
- C: make more friends.
- D: plan for the future.
The most important requirement for a happy and responsible life is
- A: courage.
- B: hardwork.
- C: loyalty.
- D: respect.
A positive attitude towards work is
- A: commitment.
- B: graciousness.
- C: intelligence.
- D: purity.
In planning personal budget, it is necessary to ensure that
- A: expenditure is equal to income.
- B: expenditure is more than income.
- C: income is less than expenditure.
- D: income is more than expenditure.
Dumping of refuse at residential areas is dangerous because it may
- A: cause damage to houses.
- B: lead to disease outbreak.
- C: reduce plant species.
- D: result in soil erosion.
End Of Paper
End of BECE 2017 RME Past Question Paper One, Thank you for visiting this page, if any spelling mistake or wrong answers are spotted kindly notice us in the comment section below remember to share page to friends and famillies who may need it